Friday, January 9, 2009

All Eyes On Me In the Center of the Ring Just Like a Circus

... Is anyone else totally in love with Britney Spears' new CD? Because I am. Just thought I'd share since I have that song stuck in my head.

Anyway, I just got back from an amazing trip to see my roommate Jessica in Beaufort. We didn't do anything super exciting, but it was so nice to just hang out with one of my best friends in a beautiful city and have nothing to worry about. Haha, the best part of the whole trip was on Monday night... we were driving home from her friend's house and we were listening to a CD she made in middle school and NSYNC came on and we had a VERY loud singing session in her car. It reminded me of high school. We did that a lot... haha. For those who don't know, Beaufort is a little old town on the southern coast of SC. Being there for the last couple days made me realize how bad I want to live on the coast and it made me super excited to move to Charleston. I was sad to leave, but I'm sure I can convince Jess to let me come back soon.



After I left Beaufort, I was too tired to drive all the way back to my parents house, so I stopped at my apartment in Columbia and Steph came over and we had a girls night with pizza, Grey's Anatomy marathon (I turned her into an addict... she had never seen it so we've been watching the DVDs and just finished season 3), and chick flicks. We watched The Women (with Meg Ryan, Debra Messing, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Bette Middler, and some others), and it was actually pretty good. It wasn't a super exciting movie, but I'm glad I saw it.

School starts on Monday (well, Wednesday for me) and it's a bittersweet feeling. I can honestly say that I'm pretty excited for my classes (except for my Policy and Politics class... I've never been a fan of politics and I'm pretty sure I still wont be a fan even when it's related to nursing) but my other classes are Community Health and 2 Adult health preceptorships (one with an RN and the other with a nurse manager). In community health I get to go around with the department of health (not so excited to look for rat poop in restaurants, but it will be an interesting experience) and community health nurses. In my preceptorships, it will be like I am a real nurse but I'll have someone looking out for me. I've heard that this is the class where everything comes together, which is good.




Well that's all that's new for now... Hope that everyone out there is doing well! Love ya!








No comments: